Wednesday, May 13, 2009

madras shorts

I've tried to take a picture of the boys in their matching madras shorts.  Of course they didn't cooperate, because they're boys and they're 1 and 4.  As much as I want to yell at the top of my lungs "JUST STAND STILL, LOOK AT THE CAMERA AND SMILE AT THE SAME TIME!", I know it wouldn't work and they would cry and run away.  So after deleting countless blurry photos and close-ups of Reichen's hand reaching for the camera, I'm left with Avery doing some sort of Indian dance move in one picture and in the other picture Avery is holding Reichen still with his hand on his head.  Not great pictures, but they catch the boys in true behavior.  Life with men....



4 comments:

Andrea said...

Love it! They are getting so big, so fast!

Vickie said...

Picture #1: "Reichen, do this..."
"Avery, you are not the boss of me!"

Picture #2: Reichen says in his head, "If you do not remove your hand from my head, I am goin' break it off at the elbow!"

Unknown said...

Kids are so cute in madras shorts. "Not great pictures" - Really they are great ones.

Unknown said...

I love these!! I need to sew Madras shorts for my boys.. I love how you added the pocket. Great job!!

Twitter

people who get something to read when I post every two months.

About Me

I'm a wife, mama, daughter, sister and friend. I'm in love with two boys - Avery and Reichen, and now a girl - Phoenix. I love traveling, experiencing different cultures, long hot baths, pedicures, sipping a cup of coffee, Dr. Pepper with crushed ice, pixy stix, my crazy cat, staring at the American flag, DVR, football, and entire seasons of television shows on DVD. Every week I read People magazine cover to cover as religiously as the sun rises and sets. I love hearing children say the pledge of allegiance and it takes everything within me not to sob like a baby when I hear the National Anthem.

I've been married to my best friend for almost ten years. No one makes me laugh harder than he does!! We've been missionaries with YWAM for the last 15 years. Together we're trying to raise strong sons so that no one will have to heal them as broken men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP