Saturday, August 23, 2008

avery turns four





























I thought he would never...

get out of my belly
have blonde hair with blue eyes and white skin
stop crying
stop spitting up all over me
say "mama"
ride facing forward in the car
crawl
turn one
walk
poop without crying
turn two
give up his pacifier
have hair that didn't stick up
make me laugh so much
make me cry so much
turn three
say the pledge of allegiance so young
go more than 4 months without getting an ear infection
pronounce "s" when he talks
learn to say his full name with avery in it
turn four

Today is Avery's 4th birthday.  It feels like yesterday Doula Danielle and Wayne were telling me to breathe.  I loved him when he was in my belly, but I was "in love" with him as soon as I heard him cry for the first time.  I even instantly had the "mama" voice.  Who knew that was within me?  I sure didn't.  But there it was, uncontrollable, just like my love for him.  He's amazing, he's smart, he's funny, he's gorgeous, he's loving, he's tender, but best of all he's forgiving.  I wasn't prepared for how much I would learn about my loving Father through having a son.  

People say once you have children, you won't remember what life was like before them.  I disagree.  I remember vividly what it was like... And this side of life is far better.  

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday (yesterday) to Ave! How I love that boy. Great list! Thanks for sharing.xoxoxo

Amy said...

Ooo...theres a lump in my throat....

joanna said...

i had a moment of remembering what my life was like before kids this weekend too - i saw some girls primping in a bathroom mirror and i was discovering how totally covered in rice i was from the sushi i had fed them - and i thought - I am SO happy to be me and not them. i love my kids and my life with them - even when it's messy - so happy to know there's other mums who feel the same!

Twitter

people who get something to read when I post every two months.

About Me

I'm a wife, mama, daughter, sister and friend. I'm in love with two boys - Avery and Reichen, and now a girl - Phoenix. I love traveling, experiencing different cultures, long hot baths, pedicures, sipping a cup of coffee, Dr. Pepper with crushed ice, pixy stix, my crazy cat, staring at the American flag, DVR, football, and entire seasons of television shows on DVD. Every week I read People magazine cover to cover as religiously as the sun rises and sets. I love hearing children say the pledge of allegiance and it takes everything within me not to sob like a baby when I hear the National Anthem.

I've been married to my best friend for almost ten years. No one makes me laugh harder than he does!! We've been missionaries with YWAM for the last 15 years. Together we're trying to raise strong sons so that no one will have to heal them as broken men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP