Thursday, October 16, 2008

our first trip to a pumpkin patch

Last Sunday I planned a little family outing to a pumpkin patch.  Now the first sign that this was a bad idea should have been the fact that I planned it.  See when I plan things (especially if my friend Megan is involved, but she actually wasn't this time) they tend to tank.  I don't know what the deal is.  None the less, I planned and we went, some reluctantly.  I talked it up big time on the way there... we'll be sitting on bales of hay, there's a bunch of farm animals that we can pet, pumpkins that we can pick out of the actual patch, and think of how cool you'll look in your orange shirts!  Turns out it's a hayless tractor ride, animals behind fences that aren't hungry and that you can't really pet, and pumpkins that are lined up on a board for you to "pick" from the patchless patch, and 50 other kids looking cool in their orange shirts!  Oh, and then there's the mother trying to take a picture of her 3 men that went over as well as usual (that mother would be me).  Reichen won't look at the camera, Avery won't look at the camera, and Wayne has his patience tried with the camera lady saying "one more time".  Next year I'm going to the pumpkin patch my friend Jana suggested.  And the boys will be forced to go because momma has planned.






4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm just laughing hard at this blog! The pictures really do say it all..... none of the boys were interested in pumpkins!

Andrea said...

I too am laughing. That last picture of the three of them is priceless. You can read their feelings on their face!! I've had a few tankable family outings myself. They may be bad memories, but they are memories all the same!

Unknown said...

Finally, a failed outing that I wasn't involved in! That's why I send mine to the pumpkin patch with their preschool. I don't have to do a thing but put their car seats on the bus. Zoe had fun picking her pumpkin out at WalMart.:) You should try that next year!

Kristina Schnepf said...

oh how funny!!! Take me next time:)

Twitter

people who get something to read when I post every two months.

About Me

I'm a wife, mama, daughter, sister and friend. I'm in love with two boys - Avery and Reichen, and now a girl - Phoenix. I love traveling, experiencing different cultures, long hot baths, pedicures, sipping a cup of coffee, Dr. Pepper with crushed ice, pixy stix, my crazy cat, staring at the American flag, DVR, football, and entire seasons of television shows on DVD. Every week I read People magazine cover to cover as religiously as the sun rises and sets. I love hearing children say the pledge of allegiance and it takes everything within me not to sob like a baby when I hear the National Anthem.

I've been married to my best friend for almost ten years. No one makes me laugh harder than he does!! We've been missionaries with YWAM for the last 15 years. Together we're trying to raise strong sons so that no one will have to heal them as broken men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP