Friday, January 9, 2009

another milestone

This afternoon Avery and Reichen were having "brother time" in their room.  This would also be known as mandatory play in your crib while your brother plays with his cars on the floor, so mamma can have a cup of coffee on the couch and watch FOX news time.  

Half way through my cup of creama dreama, Avery starts yelling for me to come in their room.  By his high level pitch and the urgency in his voice, I knew something "big" had happened.  In the 18 steps it took me to get to their room I had exhausted every scenario my wild imagination could come up with.  Did I forget to put up the side of the crib?  Reichen wasn't crying... but maybe he was knocked unconscious, or maybe it was going to be that cry that has no sound for 30 seconds because he has inhaled the entire room for what will be the siren of all cries.  But I hadn't heard a horrible thud, so it couldn't be that.  Did Avery give him one of his cars and Reichen was choking on it?  I don't think Avery would do that, he's been warned enough that he knows his hiney would be tanner than his mamma's if he did.  Maybe Reichen fell asleep in the midst of the airplanes taking off and landing in the middle of their room.  Couldn't be that, I haven't experienced those kind of miracles yet.  Two more steps and I'm in the room, cell phone at the ready in case I need to dial 911.

As I round the corner I see Avery standing in the middle of their room with one hand on his hip and one waving up and down at Reichen saying, "look what our baby did for the first time!"



He pulled himself up to a standing position all by himself.  
I guess it's time to take down the mobile in the crib.  
And I guess it's time for me to drink less coffee.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Super cute guy! Good job Reichen! And yes, those coffee moments will begin to disappear...sorry.

Karisse said...

That's so cute. (and well written!)

Twitter

people who get something to read when I post every two months.

About Me

I'm a wife, mama, daughter, sister and friend. I'm in love with two boys - Avery and Reichen, and now a girl - Phoenix. I love traveling, experiencing different cultures, long hot baths, pedicures, sipping a cup of coffee, Dr. Pepper with crushed ice, pixy stix, my crazy cat, staring at the American flag, DVR, football, and entire seasons of television shows on DVD. Every week I read People magazine cover to cover as religiously as the sun rises and sets. I love hearing children say the pledge of allegiance and it takes everything within me not to sob like a baby when I hear the National Anthem.

I've been married to my best friend for almost ten years. No one makes me laugh harder than he does!! We've been missionaries with YWAM for the last 15 years. Together we're trying to raise strong sons so that no one will have to heal them as broken men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP