Saturday, January 17, 2009

can't see the forest for the teeth

I can't tell you how many times I've used the phrase "can't see the forest for the trees".  And chances are I'm referring to having a guy look for something (no specific guy of course).  Well, the other day I had a "guy" moment.  Reichen has been drooling all over the place.  I change his shirt about three times a day because it's just drenched.  His little chin and mouth stay red and chapped no matter how much vaseline or burt bee's pomegranate is put on him.  And his gum is bulging.  I didn't need my college degree (that I don't have) to figure out what was happening.  Tooth number five was FINALLY about to cut through.  It's been trying for what has seemed like forever.  So every day for the last couple of weeks I've been staring at the spot where tooth five is coming through.  I've even subjected my finger to being bit off by rubbing the spot to see if there's any progress of the  jagged dagger.  So this past Wednesday was no different.  Reichen was cracking himself up while he was eating, so being super smart I decided to take advantage of this situation to see if tooth five was in.  It was as if someone turned a floodlight on in his mouth, or perhaps my "guy" blinders had been removed.  Little did I know that this whole time I've been staring at tooth EIGHT!  Five, six, and seven were already out and about in the little guy's mouth chewing cheerios without my knowledge.  How could I have been so blind?  I have no idea.  Maybe I'm just really focused (on one spot).




2 comments:

Amy Reece Spahr said...

thats hilarious! HE just gets cuter and cuter!

joanna said...

i have done that before. my kids will gaps as wide as the grand canyon in their baby books, if i ever get around to filling them out.

Twitter

people who get something to read when I post every two months.

About Me

I'm a wife, mama, daughter, sister and friend. I'm in love with two boys - Avery and Reichen, and now a girl - Phoenix. I love traveling, experiencing different cultures, long hot baths, pedicures, sipping a cup of coffee, Dr. Pepper with crushed ice, pixy stix, my crazy cat, staring at the American flag, DVR, football, and entire seasons of television shows on DVD. Every week I read People magazine cover to cover as religiously as the sun rises and sets. I love hearing children say the pledge of allegiance and it takes everything within me not to sob like a baby when I hear the National Anthem.

I've been married to my best friend for almost ten years. No one makes me laugh harder than he does!! We've been missionaries with YWAM for the last 15 years. Together we're trying to raise strong sons so that no one will have to heal them as broken men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP