Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bless Your Heart, Tramp!

It seems I have no problem making a fool of myself.  I think it comes with an "I could care less what people think of me" attitude.   Of course deep down I care... just not nearly as much as I should.  Honestly, it's almost like I set myself up for these things...  I've been going to the gym for two weeks straight now.  I know, I know, SHOCK and AWE.  I've surprised myself.  So I've found that if I read a book while on the stationary bike, the time goes by so much faster.  The book is so funny!  

How funny is this book?  So funny that I literally was laughing out loud in the middle of the "library quiet" fitness center... uncontrollably.  Did tears streak my cheek?  Yes, maybe with a little sweat mixed in as well.  Once I caught my breath did I continue to spin those wheels only to burst into laughter again?  Yes.  Did people stare at me with that "well, bless your heart" look?  Absolutely!  Which just made me laugh all the harder.  I think the laughter may have worked my muscles more than the actual bike.  Did I read the book again the next day laughing out loud on my bike?  Yes.  

I don't know if you have to be from the south or familiar with southern people to appreciate the book, but I highly recommend it if you fall into one of those categories.  



I've moved onto a serious book.  I'm finally reading "A Long Way Gone, Memoirs of a Boy Soldier".  Now I'll be crying myself off the bike instead of laughing.

4 comments:

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vickie said...

I am so glad that you laughed as hard as I did (surprise)! The other one this girl has written is directed at "northern" girls..."We're just like you...only prettier!" I can't wait to read it!

Your next read will definitely make you cry. A MUST see movie for you is War Dance. It is a sobbing, yet inspirational, movie. The Perks recommended it. I need to go to Africa!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxox

Amy said...

um, i wish i was on the bike next to you during this!

Andrea said...

I read on the bike too...and once there was a guy on the treadmill in front of me, and he got going too fast, and he fell, hard, and it was REALLY loud...and I started laughing so I pretended to laugh at my book, but it was Harry Potter so I don't know if I fooled him! I'm going to try your book!

Twitter

people who get something to read when I post every two months.

About Me

I'm a wife, mama, daughter, sister and friend. I'm in love with two boys - Avery and Reichen, and now a girl - Phoenix. I love traveling, experiencing different cultures, long hot baths, pedicures, sipping a cup of coffee, Dr. Pepper with crushed ice, pixy stix, my crazy cat, staring at the American flag, DVR, football, and entire seasons of television shows on DVD. Every week I read People magazine cover to cover as religiously as the sun rises and sets. I love hearing children say the pledge of allegiance and it takes everything within me not to sob like a baby when I hear the National Anthem.

I've been married to my best friend for almost ten years. No one makes me laugh harder than he does!! We've been missionaries with YWAM for the last 15 years. Together we're trying to raise strong sons so that no one will have to heal them as broken men.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP